1: How is Colleago different to other shift booking software?
Colleago has been designed for one purpose only:
To take the frustration and time out of back-filling shifts. It is for businesses large and small with casual employees, and for temporary personnel agencies.
It enables employers and their selected team to see the availability of their staff and invite them to work, in real-time when a shift become available. Colleago is extremely easy for staff to use and requires virtually no set-up on their behalf.
2: Do I have to download software or an ‘app’ to be able to use Colleago?
No software downloads are required. All you need is your preferred web browser on your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Colleago is shift booking SaaS (Software as a Service) and accessible online. It is in ‘the cloud’ hosted by Amazon Web Service (AWS) in Sydney, one of the larger providers in the world.
3: Does Colleago need to be integrated with other software systems that I already use?
No integration is necessary. You don’t have to change a thing. If you would like to integrate into your current HR or payroll solution, contact us.
4: How will Colleago benefit my company?
One of the biggest risks in managing a business is not having the staff to perform work when it is required. The best-planned and executed work rostering process doesn’t stop staff availability changing. This often occurs at the worst time and with minimal notice. Identifying other staff that can back-fill a shift takes time and is frustrating. It can cost money, take time and impact business reputation, especially for businesses that provide Services or Care.
5: Are there any costs to my staff to have Colleago access?
No. There is absolutely no cost to your staff for access to Colleago. If they accepts shifts by reply to shift requests by SMS they may incur an SMS charge by their telecommunication provider. Your staff will probably thank you for letting them get on with their job.
6: What are the key benefits for my staff when I use Colleago?
There are numerous benefits for your staff:
- Staff who work ad-hoc shifts, such as casual employees, or those wishing to do additional shifts, now have a simple way to keep you and /or their managers notified of their availability.
- Staff with multiple employers, or that work across multiple sites, can now keep everyone using Colleago aware of their availability. For Privacy only the staff know who their employers are.
- Senior staff responsible for back-filling shifts can be provided ‘shift creation access’ so that they can identify and notify available colleagues when a shift needs filling. There is no more stopping work to call through lists of colleagues in the hope of finding someone!
- The risk of double-booking a shift or not filling a shift is drastically reduced.
- Staff have a SMS trail and a reporting dashboard to keep track of their shift invitations and acceptances. Depending on the device that they use, staff can also transfer their confirmed shifts to their online calendars.
- Discovering that vacant shifts went unfilled, or hearing that external temps worked instead of them really disappoints staff when they are available and miss out. Plus, it costs the business money. With Colleago, there is less chance of this happening.
- Staff will not get phone calls at inappropriate times when they are already unavailable. Their interest and availability to work available in real-time. This is especially important for staff on evening and night shifts.
- Staff can stay connected to you and respond to the shift requests via the free Colleago mobile apps available on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
7: Is Colleago easy to set-up?
Absolutely. Everything about Colleago has been designed to be simple and quick. Creating a corporate Colleago account takes less than 5 minutes. Once you have created an account all you need to do is enter the job titles/functions that you use.
Entering staff takes no more than 1 minutes for each person, or you can arrange for the Colleago team to do a bulk upload, at no cost. All you need is your company information, a credit/debit card, staff details and their job titles/functions. There is no other software to download.
8: How long does it take to identify, select and notify staff of a shift?
It only takes 30-45 seconds to identify your suitable and available staff and to then push out shift request SMS’s. The staff member(s) that is first to accept the shift(s) via SMS or the Colleago mobile app gets the shift.
Importantly, whoever sends the shift request will receive an SMS confirmation when it is accepted, and so will the successful staff member. Staff that were unsuccessful in securing the shift also get notified. Job done! You can even have the manager that is going to be on-duty during the shift receive an SMS so they are also across any changes.
9: Who can send out shift requests, add/delete employees or customise the settings?
You or anyone that you give permission to.
There are four levels of permission:
- Regular employee: view, accept or decline shift.
- Shift Creator: The same as above with the ability to create and cancel shifts.
- Consultant/Admin: All of the above with plus adding, suspending and deleting employees.
- Master Administrator: All the above plus customising roles, Categories, Sub-categories and Tags.
10: How many employees can I give shift creation rights to?
The choice is yours and only limited by the number of employees that you have in Colleago. There are no additional fees for this. There is only one Master Administrator though.
11: What is the easiest way to measure the financial and business benefit of using Colleago for a regular business?
It depends on what is important to you and your company;
- If your company uses agency personnel when things get urgent, your labor costs probably increase dramatically. Reducing your use of agency personnel use typically covers the cost of Colleago for most organisations.
- Staff satisfaction, retention, and engagement.
- Customer/client benefits when services are not disrupted. Productivity!
- Saving you precious time.
- Less frustration!
12: What is the benefit is I have a temporary labour hire or personnel agency?
If you do not have an expensive enterprise solution in place you are probably missing out on filling a lot of shifts. One of our first agencies achieved fill times of 3 minutes or less across 49% of their filled shifts.
13: Does Colleago have real-time on-screen reporting and CSV/Excel reporting?
Absolutely. Colleago provides administrators, and Consultants with a clean and easy reporting dashboard with all the relevant metrics and details.
- Booked Shifts – Shifts that have been booked but have not yet been worked.
- Open Shifts – Shifts that have not yet been accepted by an employee(s).
- Canceled Shifts – Booked shifts that you have canceled because things have changed.
- Registered employees – The employees that you have using Colleago
- Shift Creators – The employees that you have given shift creation access to.
14: How easy is it for my staff to use Colleago?
Once you enter a staff member, they will receive an SMS and an email inviting them to use Colleago. All they need to do follow the link in the SMS or email and login to the mobile app (apps available on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store) and set a new, secure 8-character password. They can update their availability immediately. It can’t be any easier or quicker.
They can also login to the employee portal which is a responsive web ecosystem and works on common internet browsers on all internet enabled devices without downloading the apps.
15: Why does Colleago use SMS’s and Push Notifications to notify staff of shifts, rather than pop-up messaging?
Pop-ups can be more difficult for staff to manage and can be overlooked or missed.
SMS’s provide greater coverage and typically work in areas with minimal mobile coverage.
Push Notifications work great when your staff have access to data or wi-fi.
16: Do I need to pay booking fees?
There are no booking fees, at all!
17: What if I use more than the allocated number of SMS’s in a month?
Each plan should have more than enough SMS credits for normal use. If additional SMS’s are used, they only cost 7.5 cents each (excludes GST).
18: My employees have job titles that are unique to my business. Does Colleago accommodate this?
Yes. You set up your employee Job Type, Category and/or Sub-category based on how you refer to your employees in your business. This is known as your employee taxonomy and is simple to do. If you need help, the Colleago team are happy to assist. Just call.
19: What if my employee is a casual or freelancer and has another employer that also uses Colleago.
Your employees’ availability will be visible to all of their employers that are using Colleago (including you) providing they are using the same mobile number. Importantly, you will not be able to see if your staff member has other employers. Only the staff member will see this. When they are booked for a shift they will be shown as ‘Blocked’. You will not be able to see where they are working or what they are doing. This protects their privacy and that of your business.
20: What if I need help setting up Colleago?
Even though setting up Colleago is easy you we’re here to help. We’ll even upload your employees. It won’t cost you anything, even if you are on a free trial.
20: How secure and reliable is Colleago?
Colleago uses https level security and every effort has been taken to ensure that Colleago provides continuous uptime and service to ensure that you can run your business more efficiently and with less risk. If you would like more information about uptime and security, or if you experience an issue please contact us directly on:
ph: 1300 410 880